Tuesday 14 June 2016

June 13, 2016 - Starting another adventure......

Visiting friends at KEHO Lake.

I thought that since I retired last fall, that I would have all kinds of time to do all the things that I wanted to do, and to be well organized.  That has not been the case.  I have been extremely busy, and this year I was probably least prepared for the trip.

I haven't even finished the 2015 video.  It is about half done - we will have to have the premiere in the fall.
New Floors - the reason the video isn't complete......

I have been working on house renovations (new floor) non-stop for the last two weeks.  We finished up on Saturday, I packed Sunday and Monday morning I left to visit my friends Kirk and Barb in Nobleford and to try some kiting.

I have decided to dabble in the "dark side" and give kiting another try.  My friend Kirk found me a couple of decent kites and a board at very reasonable rates - so I now have even more gear to bring with me.

Ted with his 13.5m Kite.
 Kirk and I headed out to Keho lake around 3:00.  The winds were light, but I launched my 13.5 and practiced body dragging, and maneuvering the kite.  I even got a few (very short) rides on my board.


After a couple of sessions, the wind died off, so I will have to wait for tomorrow.  It was a successful day with no injuries or damage to the kite.  Looking forward to more sailing tomorrow......

Depending on weather, I will head to the Gorge on Wednesday or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment